Center for Bioengineering
- Center for Bioengineering at Faculty of Engineering, University of Kragujevac was found in 2006. Main activities are related to software development for bioengineering, stent design, testing and optimisation and scaffold design for tissue engineering.
- Location: Sestre Janjić 6., 34000 Kragujevac, Serbia
- PhD Students: 15
- Director: prof. dr Nenad Filipović
- Center for bioengineering is a research and development center for bioengineering, scientific computing and software development.
- Main philosophy is to use the latest technologies with the target of becoming one of the leading institutions in the field of interdisciplinary computational and biomedical research as well as software development
- Solving problems in mechanics of solids and fluids, mass and heat transfer, including coupling between several physical fields, as solid-fluid interaction and mass and heat transfer.
- Computational methods: Finite Element Method, Molecular Dynamics, Dissipative Particle Dynamics, Multiscale modeling. Creation of specific user-friendly software for easy computer simulations, display of results of the simulations, direct connection to other measurements as ultra-sound recording, and interactive work in measurements and simulations.
- Each software can be run on standard Windows platform, while numerical simulations can be run on Unix platform as well as on University GRID parallel infrastructure.